French immersion in Switzerland
Gap year / Study abroad programs
Short and long stays, from September to June
Studying abroad for a full academic year may be one of the most life changing experience for any teenager, and it comes with great opportunities:
- Gain confidence in French and prepare for official language certifications (DELF)
- Validate a full school year abroad and continue your study without losing a year
- Experience life in a boarding school, a new culture and a new education system
- Have fun and make new friends while discovering Switzerland
The program primarily aims at improving students’ French writing and oral skills. French comprehension is also practiced through subjects such as Mathematics, Science, History and Geography and Arts. We can also take a bespoke approach and build a program that combines French and English language learning.
Exemple of daily schedule (Monday to Friday) :
- Morning :
- 3 hours of intensive French classes +
- 1 hour of Mathematics (in French) or
- (Optional) : 1 hour of advanced English
- 2 hour of Science or History/Geography (in French) +/or
- (Optional) : 2 hours of advanced English
- 1 hour of personal studies
- Evening: 1 hour of personal studies
Sport, art and nature activities
After the class, and on weekend, Chantemerle proposes a rich program of sports, artistic and cultural activities.
During the ski season, between January and March, Chantemerle proposes a full Ski Package with teachers from the Swiss Ski Schools, access to local resorts (Portes du Soleil, Villars, Zermatt), including material rentals.
Learn more about Chantemerle’s activity and personal development program