Cambridge International Advanced Level (A Level)
Globally recognized pre-university qualification for 16 to 19-year-olds.
Cambridge A Level is a pre-university programme marking the end of high school education. Programme is equivalent to the A Level qualification which is taken by students in Year 12 – 13 in the UK to prepare them for further higher education. Learners gain an in-depth understanding of subjects, as well as independent learning and critical thinking skills – abilities that are highly valued by universities.
There are no specifications for the choice of subjects. Learners can study what they enjoy and are good at, taking into account the university requirements (the standard admission requirement for UK universities is based on three A Level courses).
The programme has been designed for students worldwide, including those whose first language is not English.
Students can choose three or four A Level courses from the following curriculum areas:
- English language and literature
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professional and Creative
- Confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others.
- Responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others.
- Reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn.
- Innovative and equipped for new and future challenges.
- Engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference.
POSITIVE EDUCATION: A STRUCTURED APPROACH THAT EMPOWERS AND ENCOURAGES EACH STUDENT
PERSONALIZED COACHING IN ORGANIZATION SKILLS AND LEARNING METHODS
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED CURRICULUM
SMALL CLASS SIZES AND ACCOMPANIED STUDIES FOR A TRUE INDIVIDUALIZED ATTENTION
REGULAR ASSESSMENTS, MOCK EXAMS FOLLOWED BY REMEDIATION SESSIONS
FULLY INTEGRATED PROGRAM: SUPERVISION AND CARE, HOMEMADE MEALS, ACCOMPANIED HOMEWORK, SPORTS, ART & NATURE ACTIVITIES
16 to 19 years
Diplomas and certifications
The official Cambridge A Level Certificate
Boarding school (5 or 7 days) Day school
A comprehensive and rigorous preparation for higher education
- in-depth subject content
- independent thinking
- applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- handling and evaluating different types of information source
- thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- working and communicating in English
Cambridge Pathway at Chantemerle
The three stages of Cambridge Pathway offered at Chantemerle lead seamlessly from lower secondary to pre-university years (UK Year 7-13). Each stage builds on the learners’ development from the previous one, but can also be offered separately.
Chantemerle successfully prepares for the Cambridge International Exams: IGCSE (middle school) and A Level (high school). The Cambridge A Level programme is known as the gateway to the most prestigious universities worldwide.
Our international students have the opportunity to follow a bilingual program and prepare for the French proficiency test DELF/DALF.